ILLiad for Medical Libraries
In 2013-2014, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Library re-imagined our ILL program with three goals:
- Serve patrons more efficiently.
- Reduce dependency on manual workflows.
- Improve turnaround time.
Although ILLiad was available, it was not used to its full capacity. A significant retirement meant no staff were fully trained in ILL administration. What could have been chaotic and disruptive for the department transformed into an opportunity for change.
- Configuring ILLiad to work with DOCLINE.
- How to advocate for your library with each transaction.
- Building a culture of 'yes' in resistant and separatist libraries.